Monday 31 March 2014

Dale's technique tutorial for March

Hello friends.
Today I have a neat little technique you can use on any paper project.
I started with a piece of 12x12 white cardstock and a plastic template by WOW in a diamond pattern. It's pretty cool and there will be a variety of ways you can use it. Here is one way.

I secured the template to my cardstock so it wouldn't move. I used some little clips.



First of all I decided I would outline some of the shapes with a black pen, took the template away and then coloured them in with coloured pens. Well, that was a poor idea as the black pen ran into the colours. So, I started again. This time I kept the template in place and coloured in the shapes. It worked so much better. I decided I liked the pattern better without the black outline although I will try it that way another time.


Here is my finished layout. You may recognise it from our March Mood Board cyber crop. It is the layout I did for DT Tracey Campbell's mood board.



Products from Mystical:

WOW 12x12 diamond pattern template
white cardstock
lilybee double dutch stickers and Soup cardstock stickers
Basic Grey Knee High and Bow Ties brad and stickers
Cosmo Cricket Pizie-Licious/bloomin babies pp (both sides)



No comments:

Post a Comment