Monday 9 June 2014

Jane's DT example for the June monthly challenge

Tracey set us the challenge ...

The Challenge if you choose to accept it is.......... to use some of your scraps that you accumulated without cutting any of them!! Yes that is right - put those cutters and scissors away right now.

(I will give you permission to tear three times - that is three tears not three pieces of paper).


and I answered the call ...

Unfortunately it wasn't until after I had done my page did I realise I should have taken a "before" pic ... duh!


I have used 5 pieces of scrap paper from the Trendsetter - Fancy Pants range and one nearly 6x4 journaling card for this page.  None of these were the same size or even the "right" size.  The top banner paper was too long and is neatly covered by the wavy paper on the right which in itself was too short and is covered by the card..  The dotted paper was two tiny strips with the "hole" neatly covered by the photo.  The bottom banner paper ends just under the card.  Even the Thickers were amongst the last on the sheet - I wanted cousins but the best I could come up with was kin :)  Please excuse my lack of  journaling - it will go above the "just a note" but I need to check dates and location of this photo with family before I can add it in.

Hope you will join us in this fun challenge this month.  It really is easy and it is always therapeutic to use up some of those leftover scraps we all seem to accummulate.



No comments:

Post a Comment