Saturday 12 March 2016

DT Share ~ Pink Paislee - Happy Birthday

I have to admit I've had a piece of this super cool Pink Paislee Hey Kid- Red Rover paper in my stash for a while- just waiting for the right photo- and I think this is it.



Using a base of blue cardstock I've cut out the circles and cut them in half using them on both sides of my LO so that I can maximise the cool designs on my page- the white gutter around the circles felt a bit unfinished so I've added a messy faux stitched border with a red pen. I covered a few circles on the paper to hide the 1 & 3- as this photo is from my little guy's 2nd Birthday- so I just wanted that as part of my design.  I've also kept the top and bottom of the Red Rover paper and added them to my LO. I've used some complimentary papers (Hopscotch and Marco Polo as well as Simple Stories Coral/blue watercolour) from the line to create a home for my text.  Once again I've used the Fancy Pants Happy Place Puffy Sticker Script words. The finishing touches are Simple Stories Enamel Dots, Kaisercraft Sparklets and presents, hearts and stars from my stash.


The black decorative strips are called Dresden Foil trim- they come from Germany and I have had them in my stash for longer than this little guy has been around. They help to balance the black in the circles and move the eye across the page and back again.

Thanks for looking I hope that I've inspired you to give this Hey Kid paper a go- and mix it up with some of your older stash as well. If you've used this paper please come share in the gallery!

Gypsy

No comments:

Post a Comment