Tuesday 1 March 2016

Guest DT Member - March Challenge

March  
Challenge #1

Hello everyone, for our 1st March Challenge I would like to welcome Regina as our 1st Guest Design Team member for 2016!

Hello all, I’m Regina, and I’m excited to be Guest Designer this month! Thank you to Donna for inviting me and sending me a mini embellishment kit.

When Donna asked me what my favourite embellishments were, Washi Tape was no. 1 on the list! It is just so versatile, and some usually finds it way on to most of my projects. A few tips for working with it – tear it off instead of cutting it, also tear it lengthways, and layer it, which creates some interesting effects.
I love sprays too, but I don’t use them in the conventional manner. I use them a lot like a paint, sometimes watered down to tone down the colour, and as droplets on my page.
Chipboard of course, it the good old stand by. It adds some dimensions to your pages.
And flowers, who doesn’t love them. I prefer smaller flowers, and usually buy white to colour to match my pages.

All this is leading  up to something you say? Yes, I’m setting the challenge this month! It is to use washi tape, sprays, chipboard and flowers only on your page. (You can use some enamel dots or sequins as I have done). You may use a small amount of paper etc, to mount your photo, (get out your scraps) but I want you to see how little you need to create a great page.


I’ll tell you a little about how I created my page. I created a base page to add a bit more dimension to the layout. This is also  great to copy and start a second layout with. On my graph patterned paper, which is always great to use on a project like this, not too busy and not too plain,  I added my droplets, my washi tapes, my flowers that I had coloured with the spray, and the dragon fly I covered with different tapes. The second dragon fly I sprayed and added some enamel dots. I used some PL cards for my photo matts, they didn’t escape the washi treatment either!







Hope you like my page and enjoy the challenge. Looking forward to seeing your entries now! I’ll be watching.

Cheers

Regina

2 comments:

  1. I'm loving your page Regina! what a fab use of Washi!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Donna, my scrapping friends call me the Washi Queen!

    ReplyDelete