Tuesday 22 March 2016

Tip of the Week

OLFA Cutting Mats love moisture!

Did you know that your Self Healing Mats need moistening ? I didn't, and I've been scrapping for years!. I googled it and found out it's true!..

Do you have the big green cutting mat from Olfa? I know I lot of scrapbooks do use this brand, I came across this by accident, and did a bit of googling and found a ton of blog posts about how to clean and look after your Olfa cutting mats.

Here's a Cut & Paste from the Olfa page...

To clean your OLFA® mat, use a generous amount of room-temperature water and a few drops of mild detergent. Use a soft, mild bristle brush such as a toothbrush or mushroom brush to create a lather and gently clean your mat. Rinse with room-temperature water and wipe dry with a cotton towel.

And this is a bit of a amalgamation from half a dozen blogs I read this morning; 


  • Soak it in room temp water for 10-15 mins
  • Lay it flat in a bath or large tub - this might be hard if you have a large mat!
  • Add a squirt of MILD dishwashing liquid, or some say 1/4 cup of vinegar
  • Brush over with a soft brush
  • Rinse and dry with a soft cotton towel or air dry flat.
  • and NO HEAT.....do not iron on or place your coffee cup on, something I do all the time!!
I'm not sure if  my mat is an Olfa one or not....it's doesn't have a name on it, just the size in the top left corner, and I've had it for way to long to remember where I got it from, but I figure it can't hurt, so I'm off to soak my mat!

Happy Scrapping!


No comments:

Post a Comment