Friday 1 July 2016

Guest Design Team Member for July

Please welcome our guest designer this month, Karen Brierley. 

Karen has a great first challenge for July and a wonderful tutorial and video for you, so grab a cuppa and enjoy.

Thank you Donna, for inviting me to design for Mystical Scrapbooks this month.  These are the products I was given to create with:



And the reverse side of the papers:



I decided to scrap some photographs from a December day trip, and for something different, I used a 4x4 pocket album. 

Step 1>  Cut the papers into 4x4 squares.  Keep the product info strips!
(Two sheets of 12x12 paper = 18 squares)




Step 2> Trim the chipboard and paint with acrylic paint.
(Several coats may be required for lighter colours)




Step 3>  Trim photographs, sort, and match up with papers...  I find this part of the process is fun!
With pocket pages, I start placing things into pockets as I go along, but still move things around a bit until I'm happy with the arrangement.

Step 4> Embellish!  I love to use machine stitching on my pages.  It's a way of adding interest without adding bulk, which is a bonus with pocket pages.




My challenge to you for July is to feature a mode of transportation in your project.  "Planes, trains, automobiles" or what about boats or skateboards or hot air balloons?  The twist is to include some CHIPBOARD.

I created around 30 double pages, but I've only photographed around 20.  I've included some useful mini album tips in the following Snapguide presentation - and if you click on the Snapguide logo you can see my pages in full.


Check out How to Make a 4x4 Mini Album by KAREN BRIERLEY on Snapguide.


No comments:

Post a Comment