Friday 22 January 2016

David Bowie Cyber Crop




Welcome to our first Cyber Crop for 2016 

We are taking our inspiration from a singer/song writer that I, and millions of others,  loved

Challenge 1 -created by Jane Howden

Using this album I have created a sketch ...



and my take on the sketch ....


I have used two 6x4 portrait photos in place of the three 3x4 and positioned two clusters to form a visual triangle. I am also yet to journal on this page although the card is in place to do so.

Products used :

Green Tara mini flowers (Black)
Twine


Challenge 2created by GypsStockley


Almost as iconic as David Bowie is his supermodel wife Iman. They were married for over 23 years, and together made for a very stylish and incredible pair couple. For this challenge I invite you to take inspiration from David and Iman.
  • Either scrap a significant relationship in your life
  • Or design a layout that reflects the classic and sophisticated style of Bowie and Iman.
I attempted to emanate the sophisticated Bowie and Iman style in this LO- but I have to say it doesn't quite match the feel I was going for in my head! That said I do like the clean lines, the black and white colour scheme with just a hint of sparkle!
And talking about hints: I did learn not to emboss directly onto Bazzill Bling cardstock... it buckles!

Products used: Bazzill Bling Black Tie, Basic Grey Little Black Dress: Black & White and Etiquette
  Sparklets, Kaiser Lace, Zing White Embossing powder.


Challenge 3 - created by Donna Cope

I loved Bowie's music, so my challenge is to use a song title or lyric as apart of your page, you can use it as a title, as a quote or sub title....it up to you.

Here's a few examples

The Wedding Song
  • I believe in magic
  • Angel for love
Heroes 
  • We can be heroes, just for one day
Words on a Wing
  • Just as long as I can walk, I'll walk beside you

Absolute Beginners
  • I absolutely love you

I got my songs title and lyric's from this web site - Song Facts

And here is my take...
I've use the line "Nothing prepared me for your smile"  from Thursday Child released 1999

For my page I've used;

Core'dination Card, Jet Black

Manor House - Thoughts Wandering

Zing Embossing Powder
AC Foam Thickers
Bling


You have a full week plus, to scrap these challenges, upload them to our gallery and be in the winning for a $20.00 store voucher or a pack of lovely goodies for being the DT pick.

Due date Sunday, 31st January- Midnight


Chatting is over on our Facebook page - Here
We love new scrappy people joining us, so just send me a message or email and will send you and invitation to join.

Have fun
Mystical Team

No comments:

Post a Comment