Thursday 1 February 2018

February 2018 Challenges

Hi Everyone, and welcome to our February challenges, our DT has 2 great challenges to help inspire you!

Challenge 1 -  Karen's

Create a double layout  would love to see 4 photos and die cut embellishments.   Your choice in how and what you use to create some dimension on the layout,  for my page I used liquid pearls with a die cut stencil I made with my Cricut Expression machine 
                                      
I used 4 summer photos and the following supplies;                                
Swimmingly Stripe 
Aquatic Fun
Sea Explorers 
Frames and Tags 
                                            
Card Stock  Bazzill - Swiss Dots -Rip Tide 
                                                   

Photos have been matted with Echo Paper Under the Sea Collection 



Seaweed has been done by a Die Cut from my 

Cricut Cartridge then filled in with liquid pearls.
 .
 Die cut seaweed used over the top of my pearl seaweed 
then I added a couple fussy cut fish to the seaweed cluster on 
each page
                              
Sea Explorers Frames and Tags

I loved this range it was beautiful to work with 
and fitted my Summer photos photos perfectly!

Challenge 2 - Sketch Challenge

Hello and Welcome to my challenge for February.

Donna has created this wonderful sketch for you to use and interpret how you like. Flip it, turn it or simply follow the design as you see it but use it as your inspiration. 


Here is my take on the sketch


I have used the gorgeous Echo Park papers from their Under the Sea Collection
which can be found in the Mystical Scrapbooks Store


 To add some texture I have used some stone pebbles.
Anchor charm is from my stash.


 I have handwritten my journalling with a black liner pen.
To create the bubbles, I used a stencil from Dusty Attic and transparent texture paste from Ranger.
While they were still wet, I sprinkled some of the stone pebbles over them.
To finish the page off I outlined the edge of the page with black liner pen and used Dylusional Spray "Squeezed Orange" and the same bubble stencil. 


Thanks for stopping by and I look forward to seeing your challenges.

Remember to always

Dream*Create*Inspire
JD
xx
2018

Challenge Rules

Create a NEW project layout, set of 3 cards or canvas for this challenge 
Please upload your entry to our Inlinkz link up on the right-side bar, and/or our Gallery by 11.55 pm, 28th Feb 2018 to be eligible for the prize. 
Have fun and please share with your scrappy friends!

International entries are welcome, however due to international postage cost a Creative Design Spot will be offered along with a little surprise in the post.
Australia residents, this month’s prize is a Kaisercraft paper pad – Christmas Edition

Have Fun
Mystical Team

2 comments:

  1. hi there isn't a Feb linky for the regular challenges? here is my link for the sketch challenge. https://sweetscrapsbykarrie.blogspot.com/2018/02/cherish.html
    thnks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for playing along with our challenge!.. Sorry I hadn't noticed the linky was not working!!

    ReplyDelete