Friday 12 September 2014

Dale's September 2014 tutorial

Hello everyone.

I'd like to show you how I made a Father's Day card for my Dad. He loves to go out on the ocean in a boat and fish, or fish anywhere really. He had a boat for many years but sold it to buy a caravan. Mum is much happier as she gets seasick and couldn't join in the boating.

One of the latest Collections at Mystical is Thoughts Wandering by Manor House Creations. There is a paper that has journal cards on one side (here in the store). I thought it would suit a card for my Dad.

Manor House - Thoughts Wandering - Paper - Journal - Click Image to Close

First of all I gather supplies I thought I might use. This can be great as inspiration if you're not sure what to create.


I cute some cream cardstock for the base of the card. Then I cut some Crate Paper woodgrain paper and inked the edges to be the background on the front of the card.
I have added the journal box with the ship on, top right corner of the MHC paper. No reason to just use these cards on a scrapbook page.
Then I added a couple of stickers and a die-cut on the right hand side.
Then I chose a Flourish with a bling yellow flower with a jeweled centre. No reason a bloke can't have a flower on his card I say. I've also added the rhinestones as well.



Lastly I have added some Adorn It tiny alphas to make the sentiment.


I hope my Dad will like this card. I know my Mum will. She keeps all the hand made cards I give to them both.

I hope I have inspired you to go and make a card yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment