Sunday 27 March 2016

Explore


An unexpected trip to the hospital with my daughter meant that I was able to get my challenge LO done in time for the challenge- but I did get it done and wanted to share it with you!


My challenge was to take inspiration from a traditional cultural design. I opted to take my inspiration from indigenous Australian dot art. I haven't stuck closely to the designs of the indigenous artists- but used the concept of repeating circles and earth tones.

My background is the lovely embossed Bazzill Dotted Swiss Cardstock- which has such a lovely feel to it. The circles repeat the shape at the end of the log in my image. I've used 5 patterned papers in varying shades of brown from dark to light, they also have a variety of textures as well to add interest. I've die cut the circles in three different sizes. I laid out the large circles first in triangles by colour (where possible) to make the 'random' design balanced. 
 
Not so random pattern. 

Then filled in the spaces with the medium circles and finally the smaller circles. Then I've added some wooden spots from my stash and a whole packet of Kaisercraft pearls! I've added a double pen line border with a blue pen to match my son's clothing as well as the date. The last thing was the title with some fun brown thickers. 

I don't have any journalling on this page- and I usually add at least a little. But this page has a companion page in Tama's album which talks about his passion for what we calling 'Boying'- getting out and about, making mess, playing with sticks and stones. 

Papers used are from the Carta Bella Rustic Elegance and Echo Park Everyday Eclectic.

No comments:

Post a Comment