Thursday 3 March 2016

In with the old~ KI Memories Sheer Delight- This is little me.



There is always so much new product coming out that it's easy to dismiss the old stuff in the clamour to get our hands on the 'latest and greatest'. But I think some of the old stuff is still some of the greatest. So I thought it might be fun to share how I am using some older product in my scrapbooking now. These KI Memories Sheer Delights are on sale in the store and there is a huge range that you can snag at an awesome price. 

In the page above I've used it with the new Cocoa Vanilla line- Free Spirit. The arrows in the paper draw attention to my photos and add some lovely colour to my page. I've used some simple thickers foam letters for my title.

 I loved using the Sheer Delights for this page because my late Grandfather's handwriting is on the back of the photos- and with the sheers- and this LO design I can still see it. He originally sent the images to my Great-grandfather and one of them says: "This is little Gypsy". It feels like he was proud of me- which is nice considering my mum was 16 and unmarried in 1974 when the first picture was taken- not really the done thing.  

This is a fun page to have on display in my home- and it will eventually have a place in my album- depending on what it backs onto I will most likely pop it in the photo sleeve with a piece of white Bazzill or I may just leave the next page empty it so I can see my grandfather's handwriting. 

I have a whole bunch more ideas for the KI Sheers- I'll be sharing them on what I'm considering as a sort of 'Throw-back Thursday' in the weeks to come. I hope you'll be inspired to make some older products new to you!

1 comment:

  1. What a super cute page!! I love how you have used the Sheer Delights!!

    ReplyDelete