Saturday 21 May 2016

DT Share - Onslow House


Before I was born my dad's mum was managing a Boarding House for Railway workers in Dunedin, NZ. One of her boarders was my mum's dad... you can join the dots as to how my parents met. :-) That place was Onslow House, built in 1878 and demolished in 1981. 

I've used October Afternoon's lovely Farmhouse range for most of this LO- while it can be used for a bunch of different themes I think it works really well with black and white photos and heritage themed layouts.

 Supplies used: October Afternoon Farmhouse: Papers: Porch Swing, Attic Trunk, Church Social, Gravel Road. Journal cards, Cardstock Stickers, and Mini Market Alphas.



This page that I made using Donna's Sketch for the May Cybercrop will go alongside the Onslow House page in my album- it gives some history and tells my part of the story of the house. That's me and my Nana up there at Onslow House in 1974. :-)

I ended up spending over 25 hours doing some research online on Onslow House as a result of starting this page. It's amazing the amount of historical information you can find online now. I'm looking forward to writing some posts for my personal blog about the House's history and the characters I found along the way. 

I've turned Donna's sketch 180 degrees, and added a hefty block of journalling done on my typewriter. Here's what I used: Cardstock: Core'dinations GibraltaBazzillOctober Afternoon Farmhouse Papers: Attic TrunkGravel RoadClothesline, and 8x8 Paper Pad, Label StickersFlower Sack, and Journal Cards.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment