Thursday 12 May 2016

In with the old: The NOT so quiet cricket


This week for in with the old I've switched it up and I'm cheating a bit. This Butterfly die cut is from the KI Memories Glitter Lace range- and while the butterflies aren't in the mystical store there are a couple of lovely designs- bouquet and heartbeat which I will be using in the coming weeks. But this week I wanted to share this design which would also work well with the Bouquet design. 

I've quite simply placed a corner of the glitter lace on an angle on two corners of my base cardstock and glued it in place- then trimmed the excess off . By using two contrasting colours- the white and purple the effect is striking!

In this LO I have printed my journalling on a sheet of cardstock and then trimmed it into strips which I've glued to the page. I've used a fine paintbrush to highlight key words in my journalling with the new Denim Kaisermist. I've finished off my page by inking the corners with Tim Holtz distress ink- I'll share that technique in an upcoming post.


No comments:

Post a Comment