Thursday 2 June 2016

In with the old: Welcome My Girl

This week for 'in with the old' I'm once again using the KI Memories Glitter Lace Cardstock.  I'm sharing an easy technique for creating a fun water coloury background using Tim Holtz Distress inks.


I've chosen (clockwise from top left): Worn Lipstick, Pickled Raspberry, Broken China and Squeezed Lemonade. I used the plastic packaging that the Glitter Lace cardstock came in and swiped the ink pad across it to give a generous square of ink on my plastic sheet.


Then I've spritzed each ink with water I keep in a small spray bottle on my table.


I love the way the colours match up with the flowers in this cardstock piece from Crate Paper.


I lightly traced around the bottom edge of my Glitter Lace Cardstock in pencil- I'm using the Bouquet ~ Pure this week.


Then using a smaller piece of the plastic packaging folded around my finger I'm picking up the watery ink.


And applying it to the page in small swipes. The colours combine in this technique to produce new shades- so my pink and yellow come together to make a nice apricot. The blue and pink a lovely purple.


Pencil lines rubbed off- here's the finished effect I haven't worried too much about keeping in the lines- I like the messy look.


And here's the final page. I've adhered the Glitter lace cardstock added my photos and kept the embellishments minimal as the page is already quite busy.



No comments:

Post a Comment