Wednesday 1 June 2016

June Challenge #1- Using Lines

Gypsy here with the first challenge for June- can you believe we're already into the sixth month of the year- I feel like it's flying by.

Inspired by Ness' LO from the Gallery I decided to use lines as a design feature on my page for this challenge. My photo is quite strong and bold so my lines are too. On this page they 'point' to my subject and also draw your eyes across the page. They also reflect Will's pointing in the photo too. They provide a great contrast to my very round title (and my round little boy). :-)


But you can also use lines to indicate direction, show connections, add movement, divide a story, extend an element in your photo like a horizon or waves and show time (time line). So your first challenge for the month is to use lines (straight, round, or irregular) to help tell the story on your page. You can be as subtle, abstract, or direct as you want.

Supplies used in my page: Core'dinations Cardstock: Gibraltar, Crate Paper Fourteen: Sparks, Basic Grey Knee Highs: Tether Ball. Thickers: Iguana, Cocoa Vanilla - Totally Rad - Little Stars and Enamel Shapes, and Pink Paislee Hey Kid Tags.

No comments:

Post a Comment