Sunday 18 September 2016

Mid month challenge: Layer it up!


So better late than never- here is out mid month challenge for September... it's about making space so you can justify some shopping! Well that's my excuse anyway and I am sticking to it.

I'm inviting you to layer up a whole bunch of scraps and bits. I think I have about eight patterned papers on this page! I pulled them together by sticking with pinks, blues and apricots that all had the same sort of tonal weight- so nothing really sticks out much more than anything else. You'll also notice I have used them either in threes or in twos on opposing sides... this helps to balance everything out too. My embellishments also match the colour scheme and move the eye diagonally from the top left to bottom right helping to make the page feel like it has flow. I've hand lettered my title and coloured it with Kaisermists... something I've been enjoying a lot lately.

I'm looking forward to seeing your pages in our gallery... you have until the end of the month (maybe a couple of days more... after all I was late with the challenge!)


Supplies used: Bazzill White Cardstock, Cocoa Vanilla Love always: Patterned papers: Class Act, Bouquet, Frolic, and Note to self. Accessory stickers and Diecut Ephemera. Kaisermist: Pink and Washi Tape.

Happy Scrapping!

No comments:

Post a Comment