Wednesday 1 May 2019

May Monthly Challenges


Now that our Rainbow Competition is almost over it's time to bring back the monthly challenges. This month we're looking at Heritage Scrapbooking. Traditionally Heritage Scrapbooking is about working with older stories and photos from generations past. But really all scrapbooking is about recording our heritage- some of it more recent than others. If you want to tell your stories from more recent times, then that's also fine for these challenges.
We're looking forward to seeing your take on the challenges.

Donna's Challenge - Add your own handwriting.  

When I think Heritage style, I always remember the notes that I would find in mum's old photo albums, whether it is a name or date scribbled on the back of a photo, or a little slip of paper with some info on it tucked in amongst the photos.  These days we scrapbook so our kids/family will have a record of who, what and where, little snapshots of our everyday lives as well as the big moments, but sometimes we forget to journal as often as we should!  And if you are like me, and don't have nice writing, you might, like me, skip it altogether.  We need to remember when we are gone, and our kids are looking at the albums we have left behind for them, they are not going to care.... they will just be happy to say, "that's Mums writing"

Here's my example.  Kaisercraft Time Machine papers are just perfect for this page.




Gypsy's Challenge

My Challenge is a Scraplift - I picked this page by Renee Aslette from the Kaisercraft blog to scraplift.

 Here's my take on the page...


I was given this photo of my Nana and her Mum and Dad when I was home in New Zealand recently. It's the only photo I have of my great grandparents.

I've used: Basic Grey Serenade: Chemise and Half Penny and Kaisercraft Christmas Edition: Rejoice and Yule. Kaisercraft Pearls: Latte.

Challenge Rules

· Please upload your entries to our Inlinkz link up, or to the album in our Private Facebook Chat Group by 11.55pm 31st May 2019 to be eligible for the prize. The prize is by random draw.

· International entries are welcome, however, due to international postage cost, a Creative Design Spot will be offered along with a little surprise in the post.

Australia residents, this month’s prize is an Echo Park - Everyday Eclectic Scrap Kit. Valued at over $20.00

Have fun and please share with your scrappy friends!
Mystical Team

No comments:

Post a Comment