Monday 1 March 2021

March Challenges


This month we are playing with Fire & Ice!!


Challenge 1

Hello hello

Today I am sharing the layout I have created for the March  challenge.

As you can see the theme for this month is Fire & Ice so I have chosen to scrap some photos from our 2015 holiday to New Zealand. One of the places we visited was Tasman Glacier, so lots of ice in these photos.

My challenge for you this month is to use torn papers and the colour blue on your layout.

The torn papers on my layout are to give the impression of waves on the water.

 I embossed some Navy cardstock with my Kaisercraft Diamond Tiled embossing folder and then rubbed some Art Alchemy Metallique wax over the top of the cardstock so the wax adhered to the risen sections of the card
The colour I used was White Gold
I attached a 1" strip of this to both the top and bottom of the white cardstock I used for the background.

The papers I have used for this layout are from Pink Paislee's Indigo and Ivy range

I have torn strips of paper's No 467 and 10 so they were about 1/2" wide, inked the torn edge and the two side edges and layered them at both the bottom and top of the layout, tucking each new layer under the previous one.


Another way I used the Art Alchemy Metallique Wax was on some resin pieces from my stash. I coated them with some acrylic paint to match the colours in the patterned papers then used my finger to apply the wax to the top surfaces of the resin.

A chipboard tab from Dusty Attics Mini Tabs #2 set was left in its natural state and added to the left hand edge of the top photo.

The title, which is the name of the place and the date the photos were taken was printed from my computer and attached to the back of the resin frame.




You can watch the process video here if you would like

Till next time

Stay safe
Hugs
Julie



Challenge 2

Hi Craft Friends


Louise here sharing my challenge for March ...


Use this moodboard to inspire you.

Maybe it's the colours (Red, pink, orange or yellow), maybe it's a fireworks photo you want to scrap, maybe you have a gorgeous autumn themed photo you love.

Moodboards are all about choosing your own inspiration.

I'll have my inspiration page up soon :) 

Happy Scrapping





Challenge info...

Due date is the 31st March 2021 Midnight, to be eligible for the prize please make sure you have uploaded in to the correct album.

Facebook Albums - Here
Chat Page - Here

The prize is by random draw.

· International entries are very welcome, however, due to international postage cost, a smaller prize will be posted.

Australian residents, this month’s prize is a:

Chipboard, Paint & Bling Kit.

Please share with your scrappy friends...

Happy Scrapping everyone! 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment