Friday 19 February 2021

February Cyber Crop "Hearts & Flowers"

 


Hello crafty friends and welcome to our February cyber crop, we are embracing hearts and flowers this month and have 3 challenges to get your mojo hopping! 

***

 Hi Crafters

Louise here.



I just adore this wood grain floral paper from Colour Blast - Love & Grace

I'm still catching up on my Christmas photos so my challenge is to use hearts of flowers on a Christmas layout

I've embellished with Uniquely Creative "Once upon a Christmas" and the gorgeous "Chipboard word tree"

You can see the whole process in the video:


Happy Scrapping.


***

Good morning, good morning Julie here

My challenge for you today is to use stamped hearts on the background of your project.

I have used Uniquely Creative's Ocean Breeze patterned papers for this layout along with Colour Core Persimmon cardstockTim Holtz Kraft Core GX1920-14White cardstock and Corrugated Kraft Cardstock.

All of the patterned papers and cardstock has had the edges inked with a black ink cube to help define each layer.

The Persimmon and the Turquoise cardstocks have both been gutted leaving a 1" frame.
The Persimmon cardstock has been torn around the edges

The corrugated cardstock was trimmed to 11.25" square and the white cardstock measures 11" square.

For added dimension on the background I applied Mont Marte Modelling Paste through  The Crafter's Workshop Tile Texture Stencil

For added texture on the background I used Jet Black StazOn ink and a couple of little stamps (chevrons and tiny circles) to stamp randomly. I did the same thing with a small triple arrow stamp and Encore Gold ink pad.

The stamped hearts on the background (the challenge criteria) were created using a small triple heart stamp and Versa Color Turquoise ink pad.

My photos are 3" square and were matted on 3 1/4" squares of the persimmon cardstock I had cut from the middle of the background layer. These were then attached to some scrap pieces of chipboard so they had a little height when attached to the layout.

I cut a strip of Lighthouse Flowers to 2" x 11" and added that to the right hand edge of the white cardstock.

I cut a small tag from Ocean Breeze Cut Aparts, a large tag from Summer Days, a Striped piece from Sunny Side Up Layer Cuts and assorted flowers from Summer Bloom to embellish my layout.



Click on the image below to see how I put this layout together.


Hope you enjoy the three challenges in this Cyber Crop
Till next time
Stay safe
Hugs
Julie

***

Hi... Donna here with your 3rd challenge for our cyber crop.

I would like you to add a hand-made paper heart and flower to your page.

I've made mine by tearing some papers.  I drew the heart shape on the back to give me a guide, ran around it with a wet paintbrush then started tearing.


My page will be up soon! 


Looking forward to seeing everyone, take on these challenges...
Have fun
Donna

Challenge Info....

Due date Sunday, 28th February 2021.  Please share with your scrappy friends!

Upload your challenge entry to the albums on our Mystical Scrapbooks Facebook Chat Page.

Our chat is private and if you haven't yet joined us we'd love to have you. If you have any trouble joining please email/message me, Donna, with your name and or a link to your Facebook profile and I will send you an invite.

We will be giving away 1 gift voucher valued at $20.00 and each entry receives 1 ticket into the draw.....So the more challenges you do the more chance you have to win!

We will also have a surprise prize!! Our DT members will choose their favourite layout and I will send that lucky person a surprise in the mail.

Happy Scrapping
Mystical DT team


No comments:

Post a Comment