Thursday 1 April 2021

April Challenge


Hello and welcome to our April challenges!   

Fairly self-explanatory this month.... use black and 1 other colour!  You can add a small amount of neutral colours if you need to, such as grey, white etc...

Have fun!


 Good morning
 
Here is my April challenge

The theme for the month is Black +1 and this challenge is to use 3 elements from this grid. The elements must be in a line on the grid. The line can be horizontal, vertical or diagonal.



 For my layout, I have chosen pink for my plus one and the three elements are Fussy Cutting, Tag and Chipboard (diagonal top left to bottom right)

The paper I have used on this layout is Uniquely Creatives's Serendipity- Happiness

I tore two opposing edges of the Black Cardstock, cut two strips of the Happiness patterned paper to 1.25" x 12", inked around three edges of the patterned paper and attached those to the top and bottom of the black cardstock to make it back to 12" x 12"

I fussy cut the two floral clusters from the edge of the Happiness paper, inked around the edges and attached them to the sides of the layout with glue.  

I filed around the edge of my photos and matted them on bright pink cardstock (Heartfelt). They were then attached to the layout using double sided tape. I was careful to place the tape on the bottom photo so that my tag would be held in place when it was inserted.

I used my Scan N Cut to cut a tag from the Happiness paper and a mat from the Heartfelt cardstock. After inking the edges I used glue to attach one layer on top of the other. Using my Crop-O-Dile I add a pink heart eyelet to the tag. To finish the tag off I added some bright pink Rik Rac. My journalling is handwritten on the tag and the tag tucks under the right hand edge of the bottom photo.

The title was also cut from the Heartfelt cardstock. I used the negative to place my letters evenly on the top right area of the layout. The title then had a coat of Glossy Accents to give it a nice shine.

The chipboard butterflies are from the Memory Maze Wire Butterfly Set. I have painted them with acrylic paint. Once they were dry I added some Dress My Craft Frosted Sugar Powder to the bodies of the butterflies. I was not that happy with this as the sugar powder is a bit too chunky, I think something a bit finer, like glitter would have been a better choice

You can see my process video below


I hope you enjoy this challenge. Looking forward to seeing your lovely creations
Till next time
Stay safe
Hugs
Julie

***

  

Hi Crafters


Louise here ... this month

I'd like you to use black + teal.





Then I've used the Nuvo drops in Blue Lagoon through the Cadence mixed media stencil

I chose my photo and added some paper layers behind it.

The chipboard piece is My heart is full from Dusty Attic which I've covered with Gold embossing powder

To finish I've added some flower clusters in those teal and turquoise colours

I can't wait to see your Black + teal creations.

Happy Scrapping


Challenge info...

The due date is the 30th April 2021 Midnight, to be eligible for the prize please make sure you have uploaded into the correct album.

Facebook Albums - Here
Chat Page - Here

The prize is by random draw.

· International entries are very welcome, however, due to international postage cost, a smaller prize will be posted.

Australian residents, this month’s prize is a:

Chipboard & Die-cut pack

Please share with your scrappy friends...

Happy Scrapping everyone! 


No comments:

Post a Comment