Saturday 24 April 2021

Black & Gold cards

Good morning

Today I want to share with you three cards I have made using the April theme of Black +1 

I have gone with Black + gold for this project


All of these cards are the same slimline size of 8.25" x 4" which fit nicely into our DL envelopes.

Each card has been cut from an A4 sheet of black 240gsm cardstock. 

I have cut the cards 8" x 8.25", scored and folded at 4" on the 8" edge. 

This leaves an off cut that is suitable to cut a 7.75" x 3.5" panel from to use as a front panel on each card.

Each card also has a gold mirror card panel that is 8" x 3.75" that is layered between the card base and the black cardstock panel.

The first two cards a very quick to create, the third card (a shaker) took a little more time but not that long really.

Let's start with this card
Card No. 1


I have applied DecoFoil Transfer Gel Duo through Studio Calico's Bubbles mask with my palette knife.

Once this had dried I laid a sheet of Fab Foil in gold over the top of it and burnished it using my brayer.

The sentiment has been heat embossed with gold embossing powder, trimmed and matted on some of the gold mirror board. This was attached to a piece of chipboard before being attached to the centre front of the card.

Card No. 2


The front panel for this card was run through my big shot with an embossing folder. I am not completely sure but I think this embossing folder is from Kaisercraft but any embossing folder will give the same results.

I then used my finger to apply a couple of light coats of Metallique Wax in White Gold to the raised areas of the panel. A few light coats is better than a heavy coat so the wax does not get down into the crevices of the embossed pattern.

The sentiment was once again heat embossed with gold embossing powder, matted with gold mirror card and attached to a piece of chipboard before being attached to the bottom right section of the card front.

Card No. 3



I used my Scan N Cut to cut 3 white panels and one black panel to create the window for the shaker compartments.

I layered these panels on top of each other with a sheet of acetate between the stack of white panels and the black panel which is at the top of the stack.

The gold mirror card panel was attached to the card base.

I then added a mixture of gold and black superfine glitter, on top of the gold cardstock, where the shaker windows would be and used a good amount of glue to attach the black panel on top of that. 

I used my Scan N Cut once again to cut gold circles to frame the shaker windows.
Once again the sentiment was stamped with Versamark Ink then heat embossed with gold embossing powder

Here is my video if you would like to watch these cards come together



Till next time
Stay safe
Hugs
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment