Friday 16 July 2021

July "1-2-3" Cyber Crop


Welcome to this month's Cyber Crop!

We have 3 more challenges with the 1-2-3 requirements, you can add other items, but we need to see the required item clearly.

 Deadline is Sunday midnight 25th July.

Challenge 1

   Louise here. Sharing my challenge for 1-2-3

Your challenge is to use 


Here is my inspiration:


I'm really enjoying creating with 9x12 at the moment.

 It challenges my creativity but also I can fit a lot more pages on my shelves.

So I've started with wood paper.

Then I've added the mixed media element which is acrylic paint through the Kaisercraft Line Art stencil.

I chose some 3x4 photos and mounted them on black - to give them a little pop. 

I've used the Uniquely Creative Brick die on white cardstock, leaving it plain behind the photo and colouring it with distress ink under the "Brave" word. 

I've finished with some star embellishments and wood pieces.

Thanks for visiting

Happy Scrapping



Challenge 2

Hi Julie here with my  challenge for you for this Cyber Crop 

I would like you to use:- 

1 stencil, 
2 mediums (ie Texture paste, sprays, inks etc) 
3 colours


The feature product this month is dies and you will receive 20% of all dies in stock. 
You will find the store here so check it out.

Here is my layout


I have used two 4" x 4" photos on this layout that were taken when a group of us went cruising in November 2006.

For the background I used Ice Cold cardstock.
Using Dusty Attic's Criss Cross Stencil I applied Modelling Paste randomly around the page.
 Once that was dry I applied Watering Can Archival Ink with a blending tool through the same stencil.


I have used 
Journey
from the Collection Pack
along with 

I have cut 
The Story - Layer Cuts (reverse side) to 6" x 10"
Journey 2 @ 1 3/4" x 10" (use the reverse side for 1)
Ready?...Go! 1 1/2" x 8 1/2"
Nostalgia Cardstock 1 1/2" x 12"

I used a La La Land Scalloped Border die to die cut the scallops in the Nostalgia Cardstock

Once I had inked the edges of all of the patterned papers I attached them to the layout using double sided tape.

I then machine stitched around the page and all of the patterned papers.
I would suggest if you are going to machine stitch on your layout that you stitch each of the patterned papers before you attach them to the page. It would be so much easier.



I created a small cluster to the lower right hand area of the layout and added a few embellishments in other areas of the layout using fussy cut items from The Story - Layer Cuts sheet and a strip of the Journey paper.

I used a black fountain pen to draw faux stitching around these embellishments.




For the title I use white alpha stickers attached to a piece of the Nostalgia cardstock

The date the photos were taken was handwritten below the bottom photo.

Here is my process video


Looking forward to seeing all of your inspiring layouts for this months Cyber Crop

Till next time
Stay safe
Hugs
Julie

Challenge Info....


Due date Sunday, 25th July 2021.  Please share with your scrappy friends!

Upload your challenge entry to the albums on our Mystical Scrapbooks Facebook Chat Page.

Our chat is private and if you haven't yet joined us we'd love to have you. If you have any trouble joining please email/message me, Donna, with your name and or a link to your Facebook profile and I will send you an invite.

We will be giving away 1 gift voucher valued at $20.00 and each entry receives 1 ticket into the draw.....So the more challenges you do the more chance you have to win!

We will also have a surprise prize!! Our DT members will choose their favourite layout and I will send that lucky person a surprise in the mail.

Happy Scrapping
Mystical DT team

No comments:

Post a Comment