Thursday 1 July 2021

July Challenges

 


Now our competition has ended for 2021, we are back to our regular challenges, and for this month we are having fun with requirement challenges.

Our DT girls have some great challenges for you.  Our challenges are open till the end of the month, have fun! 

Challenge 1 

Hi there, Julie here with my challenge for this month.

I would like you to use 

1 die set
2 photographs 
3 patterned papers

Here is my layout


As you can see I have used 

2 Photos (3" square photos of my Grand Daughter on her school sports day)
3 Patterned papers ( Ready?...Go!, Journey I have used both sides of this paper and Authorised Personnel Only.)
All of the papers are from Uniquely Creative's - Choose Your Own Adventure paper range
All of the papers on this layout have had the edges inked using Kaisercraft's Bark ink cube

To create the background I used an assortment of star stamps, that I had in my stash, to stamp randomly with StazOn Jet Black and Versa Color Cardinal Red inks.

I cut four pieces of the patterned papers so they measured 3.24" x 4", inked the edges and attached them to the page with double sided tape

I cut two of each size of the tags in the die set from Find Your Way paper as well as four of the ring reinforces in white cardstock.

I attached the ring reinforcers to the page using Art Glitter Glue.

I matted my photos onto black cardstock so they had a 1/16" border on each side.

I then used my sewing machine to stitch around the page, the patterned papers, the tags and the photos

I attached the tags to the layout, with glue, after I had threaded white crochet cotton through the holes.



The photos were mounted onto some craft foam before being added to the page.

The title was cut using my Scan N Cut from the Find Your Way paper

I fussy cut a few embellishments from The Story - Laser Cuts paper and added them to the layout

The date the photos were taken was hand written on the label at the bottom right of the layout.

If you would like to watch this layout come together here is my video



Looking forward to seeing what you create for this challenge
Hugs
Julie



Challenge 2 


  Hi Crafters

Louise here.

Your challenge is to use 3 x patterned papers, 2 word title and 1 die cut


Seems as though Julie and I have given you very similar challenges.

Here is my inspiration:

"Book Lover"


Each month we are providing a product focus and this month it's Dies.

I've used the Uniquely Creative Barbed Wire

Don't forget that dies don't have to be used for the exact description ... I've used the barbed wire cuts as the string on my tag :) 

For the background I'm using Uniquely Creative Chevron paper and cut to 8.5 x 11.

The other patterned papers used on this layout are:

Once upon a Christmas

Ocean Breeze

I chose my photo thinking about a two word title and used black thickers

I've included a die cut tag and added lots of stars.

I've created an area for my journalling at the bottom over the mesh ribbon which provides some great texture. 

To finish I've mounted it on some black cardstock.

I look forward to seeing your challenge entries.

Happy crafting.




Challenge Rules
Please upload your entries to the album in our Private Facebook Chat Group by 11.55pm, 31st July 2021 to be eligible for the prize.

Facebook Albums - Here
Chat Page - Here

The prize is by random draw.  This month's prize is a pack of Uniquely Creative lace Doilies 

· International entries are welcome, however, due to international postage cost, the prize is a little surprise in the post.

No comments:

Post a Comment