Friday 13 August 2021

August Sketchy Cyber Crop


Good morning,

Julie here with my sketch for this months Cyber Crop

The product of the month is chipboard with 20% off all chipboard in the store for this month 
so it would be great to see some on your layouts.

This is the sketch.

and this is my layout.


You can see I have stuck pretty close to the sketch. 
I have used a couple of mixed media products to 
add interest to the plain white cardstock background.

The papers I have used are from the Couture Creations Peaceful Peonies Collection Pack.

To create the background I used Deco Foil Transfer Gel through Dusty Attics Criss Cross Stencil.
When this was dry I used my brayer to add Fab Foil in Gold.

I used the same stencil with Distress Ink (Victorian Velvet) and a blending brush 
to add some pink to the background.

The background was then trimmed to 11 1/2" square and attached to a 1" black cardstock frame.

I cut 2 strips of Paper No. 01, 3/4" x 12", inked the edges with black ink 
and layered them on top of two strips of black cardstock that measured 1/2" x 12".

I cut a 3" x 12" piece of Paper No. 10, inked the edges and attached a
 1/2" x 12" piece of black cardstock to each long edge.

The pink spot/black strips were then attached to the 3" panel and this assembly 
was attached to the layout background so approximately 1/2" of the
 white background cardstock showed on the left hand edge of the layout.

The Memory Maze Happiness Heart chipboard set was given a coat of white acrylic paint 
before I added a coat of the Victorian Velvet Distress Ink. 
To add interest and depth to the chipboard I also added some Picked Raspberry Distress Ink
around the edges of each piece.

All of the chipboard pieces were attached to the layout using glue.

A sprinkling of 28 Lilac Lane sequins in Velvet was added
 for a little more colour and sparkle

Here is my process video


Plenty of scope for your personal touches with this sketch, 
looking forward to seeing what you do with it
Till next time
Stay safe
Hugs
Julie

***

 Hi Crafters

Louise sharing today. Here is my cybercrop sketch with a hint of chipboard

"Picture Perfect"


I really enjoy creating in 9x12 so I'm challenging you to give it a go.

You could also adapt this sketch to 12 x 12 and still play along.


I didn't want my background to be too overwhelming so I've used a combination of white cardstock and glitter cardstock.

The squares of patterned paper are all from the Uniquely Creative "Choose your own adventure" collection

This time I've kept the chipboard simple and covered it with embossing powder. 

I love to do interesting things with chipboard.

To finish I've just added some fussy cutting, cotton and journalling. 

Can't wait to see your creations

Happy Scrapping.


Hello, for challenge 3 I have picked a PageMaps sketch...


Sadly I haven't found the time to do any creating these last few weeks, but I'm hoping I can get some done over the weekend!


 

Challenge Info...

Due date Sunday, 22nd August - Midnight. 

Upload your challenge entry to the albums on our Mystical Scrapbooks Facebook Chat Page.

Our chat is private, and we love to have new crafty friends join us.

We will be giving away 1 gift voucher valued at $20.00 and each entry receives 1 ticket into the draw.....So the more challenges you do the more chance you have to win!

We will also have a surprise prize!! Our DT members will choose their favourite layout and I will send that lucky person a surprise in the mail.

Happy Scrapping!

No comments:

Post a Comment