Wednesday 1 September 2021

Sept Challenges

 


Welcome to our September Challenges, this month we are letting our favourite movies inspire our challenges.

Challenge 1

It may seem tricky to be inspired by a movie but here are some suggestions:


- Title
- Photo remind you of a scene from a movie
- Movie poster colours
- Good vs evil
- Romance, Comedy, Action
- Cartoons

"Hide & Seek" is a thriller movie title - I've never watched it (too scary) but I've heard about it.


So for this layout, I've used black Thickers to pop off the Nuvo background. 

The background is just freehand squiggles, dots and splatters. 

I've also used the Uniquely Creative papers.

This was lots of fun to put together and I can't wait to see your "Movie" inspiration.

Happy Scrapping.


Challenge 2 

Good morning

I am not a big movie watcher so I have decided to 
incorporate the movie theme by using a couple of film strip cut files on my layout.

I created the file on my Scan N Cut and cut it in two sizes.

The papers I have used are all from Uniquely Creative's Create your own Adventure paper range.


The background paper is "Find Your Way"

I have used Modelling Paste through TCW stencil "Chevron" in three areas of the background.

I applied Nuvo Drops  - Glitter Drops in "White Blizzard" which I had watered down slightly, with a sponge over the Modelling Paste once it had dried.

Gold splatters were added to the background using a mix of Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in "Gold" and Artiste Spritzing Ink in "Gold"

All of the embellishments on the page were cut from 
I also used a couple of branding strips.

I cut a section on the right hand edge of the layout away and replaced it with a piece of branding strip.

The small squares that run down both edges of the large film strip were backed with a strip of black cardstock.

The edges of the small filmstrip were coloured black using a pen. The squares in this embellishment also hold the journalling for this page.

The photos were trimmed to 3 1/2" square and attached to the back of the large film strip cut file.

A strip of black cardstock and another of the branding strips were layered 
on each other and attached to the left hand edge of the layout.


Everything was attached to the page using Art Glitter Glue. 
The "Enjoy the Journey" journalling card and the small film strip 
were mounted on chipboard before being added to the layout.

The title was cut from black cardstock using Kaisercraft's "Alphabet Upper Case" dies.
Once they had been attached to the layout I coated them with the same Nuvo Drops I used on the background.


Here is the process video if you would like to watch this layout come together.


Hope you get to spend some time in your craft space soon

Stay safe
Hugs
Julie

Challenge Rules
Please upload your entries to the album in our Private Facebook Chat Group by 11.55pm, 30th September 2021 to be eligible for the prize.

Facebook Albums - Here
Chat Page - Here

The prize is by random draw.  This month's prize is a Cocoa Vanilla Kit, a mix of 12x12 papers, cardstock and embellishments.

· International entries are welcome, however, due to international postage cost, the prize is a little surprise in the post.


No comments:

Post a Comment