Wednesday 13 August 2014

Jane's tutorial for August ..

I thought I might quickly show you how I altered the chipboard hearts I used on my page for the monthly challenge in August.

Changing chipboard from the plain "as it comes" variety is very simple.  I pulled out the chipboard and the ink pads I thought might work with the papers I was using for my layout along with a stamp and acrylic block.  I have found that an all over stamp design works best for this - one that leaves some gaps in the pattern.  It really doesn't matter what the stamp is of as you will only be using a part of the image anyway.


In my case I am using a teacup stamp and after pressing the ink pads directly onto scrap paper to see which one I liked best I then inked up my stamp just enough to cover the chipboard.



Press onto the chipboard to highlight the stamps design.  

TIP - If you only want to colour your chipboard you can just press the ink pad directly onto the chipboard.


And here they are used on my layout.  A very quick but really effective way of jazzing up those chipboard pieces.

Hope you can join in with our month challenge of using some chipboard and bling on your page.  Entries are open until the end of the month.  We'd love to see your work in our gallery.

No comments:

Post a Comment