Sunday 1 September 2019

Stamped Background Technique

My September challenge for you is to stamp a background... you can do yours any way you want but here's a step-by-step of mine to help you out...

Step 1: Make a rough plan... and photograph on my phone. Then I remove all the pieces making a few discreet guide marks in pencil to remind me where things are going.


Step 2: Stamp the first image using my guide marks for placement. (apologies for the terrible photos I was scrapping at night).


Step 3. For images that are at the top of a border I will often ink the stamp and then pounce of some ink near the top with a baby wipe to make the 'edge' a little softer or slightly distressed. I'll do the same at the bottom especially if the stamp is quite 'blocky'.


Step 4. Stamp again... it doesn't matter if the images overlap a little it won't really be seen in the final page.

Step 5.  When I am stamping my complimentary or smaller images I always ink once and stamp twice the second stamping is obviously lighter providing more interest and texture.


Step 6.  Stamp till you are happy with the look- the shape and the balance... here's my final image before I complete the page...


Step 7.  Stick down the photos and any other lower layers like patterned papers...


Step 8.  Add bakers twine with glue dots or a clear drying glue...


Step 9. I added my title and phrase sticker...


Step 10. Added my stamped image in the opposite corner to tie the page together and popped a little phrase up with foam tape. Then added my embelishments, some nuvo drops and a little more stamping to finish the page off.


Here's my completed page...


Some detail from my border...

No comments:

Post a Comment