Monday 15 February 2021

Mini Album using Uniquely Creative's Ocean Breeze

Hello

Today I am sharing a little mini album I created for my daughter that has photos of her and her daughter (my grand-daughter) in it.

The booklet came ready made and I do not know what brand it is or where I got it from, to be honest I can't remember buying it.

The size of the album pages is 5 1/4" x 5 1/8".

To decorated this album I am using the Uniquely Creative Ocean Breeze 6" paper pad. As the theme for the month is Hearts & Flowers this fitted in perfectly.


I trimmed the five patterned papers that I chose for the backgrounds down to 5 1/8" x 5", inked the edges with black ink and attached them to the pages using double sided tape.

To cut the hole in the patterned paper for the front cover so the photo would show, I temporarily taped the patterned paper to the back of the page and drew around the frame with a pencil. 

I used the smallest die in my Spellbinder S6 - 025 Squares dies to then cut that section out.

I also used the same die to cut my photo down to size, although, this was not really necessary as I could have just trimmed it down to a size that would fit within the size of the page.

I trimmed my photos so they were square and would fit on the page.

Using an emery board I filed around the edge of each photo then inked around the edge with black ink.

These were attached to the page using double sided tape.

To decorate my pages I used elements from the Creative Cuts pack. I do not like the white border around my elements so I fussy cut them off and inked around the edge of each one.

The chipboard on the front cover comes from Memory Maze's Crisscross Hearts set. I have given it a coat of acrylic paint in Apricot Preserves. When that was dry I also gave it a coat of Dimensional Magic.

A few Uniquely Creative Pink Rhinestones and some white crochet cotton finished off my embellishing.

I have to say I am really loving this paper range.



The process video is below. I had fun creating this little project and I hope you enjoy watching it come together.


Thank you for spending part of your day here with me today
I hope you will come back soon
Till next time
Stay safe
Hugs
Julie




No comments:

Post a Comment