Monday 1 February 2021

February Challenges - Hearts & Flowers

 Welcome to our February Challenges.....and we are embracing Hearts & Flowers for the month.

Challenge 1

Hi there,

My challenge for this month is to add at least one flower to your layout that you have hand-made

This is my layout


The papers I have used for this layout are from the Uniquely Creative Ocean Breeze paper collection.

My background is a 12" x 12" sheet of white cardstock.

I have used my Martha Stewart Round the Page punch, I think it is called Flowers but not sure, to punch all four sides of a 12" x 12" sheet of Sandy Beach.

All of the other layers on the layout are cut from one 12" x 12" sheet of Sunset Boulevard

I cut:-        1 piece 1.25" x 11.5"
                  2 pieces 4" x 10.5"
                  2 pieces 2" x 10.5"

I ran the four largest pieces through my Big Shot with Uniquely Creatives Napery embossing folder
I had to run them through twice, turning the paper between each run to get the full length

All of the papers had their edges inked with black ink and I ran a Versacolor ink cube (colour Cinnamon) lightly over the top of the embossed patterned papers. This helps the embossing stand out a little more. You can apply this as light or heavy as you like.


To create my handmade flowers I cut three each of the three smallest dies from my Lifestyles Crafts Nested Lace Circles die. I cut them from Uniquely Creatives Gums & Roses Full Bloom paper.
Using my spray water bottle I lightly sprayed each circle and scrunched it up. The smaller you scrunch these the better your flower will look. Lightly un-scrunch them and set them aside to dry.

I have fussy cut quite a few flowers from the Summer Bloom paper.

Once my circles were dry I inked around the edge of all of them and also the fussy cut flowers.

To assemble my flowers I used glue to attached three circles on top of each other starting at the largest size and working up to the smallest size so each flower has three layers. A clear gem at the centre completed each flower.


My photo is 5" x 7", so I have cut a 5.25" x 7.25" mat from the same paper I die cut my flowers from. This was attached to the photo and then a layer of craft foam was added to the back of the photo mat.

To include some hearts on my layout I painted some small wooden hearts from my stash with Apricot Preserves Acrylic paint. I also painted some chipboard letters with the same paint to create my title.

Time now to attach my layers to my background.
Next I attached my photo followed by the fussy cut flowers.
I made a bow with some sheer white ribbon and added some white crochet cotton lace and attached these at the bottom of the photo.
The hand made flowers were next to be added. 
I added three sets of three Uniquely Creative Light Blue Pearls in three places on my layout and then attached the wooden hearts next to them.
Final step was to add the title to the left hand of the layout.

I have a video for you.


Thank you for spending part of your day here with me today
Till next time
Stay safe
Hugs
Julie

Challenge 2 

1,2,3 Requirement challenge.  For this challenge, you must add;

3 flowers
2 bling
1 stamp - it can be used more than once.

Looking forward to seeing your take on our challenges!



Challenge Rules
Please upload your entries to the album in our Private Facebook Chat Group by 11.55pm, 28th February 2021 to be eligible for the prize.

Facebook Albums - Here
Chat Page - Here

The prize is by random draw.  This month's prize is a mixed bag of ribbons and bling.



· International entries are welcome, however, due to international postage cost, the prize is a little surprise in the post.

Have fun
Mystical Team

No comments:

Post a Comment