Friday 14 May 2021

May Cyber Crop

 

Welcome to our May CC


3 challenges and over a week to complete them, so I hope you can join in! 

We have a bingo game played on our chat page on Saturday.

We chat here - Facebook Chat page

And up load our page here - Facebook Gallery Albums

Challenge 1

I have a sketch challenge for you.  Due to work commitments and not enough hours in the day I've picked a PageMaps one this month.


And here's my take.



Hope you have fun with this sketch.

Donna

Challenge 2

My challenge for you this month is to create a holiday/travel layout.

I know travel has been a bit restricted lately but you could use photos from travels before we heard about Covid or you might have been on a nice little weekend away that it is time to scrap

I have used Basic Grey's Serenade paper range on this layout

I have inked the edges of all of the papers with a VersaColour black ink cube


I have used Teal Cardstock for the background, I cut the centre from this cardstock leaving a 1" frame.

On top of that frame I places an 11.5" x 11.5" piece of the Dowager paper.

I added some splatters to this paper with Glimmer Mist's Black Magic

I cut a piece of the Shilling paper that was 5" wide x 12" following the zig zag pattern on both 12" edges.

I traced the zig zag edge onto a 7" piece of Parlor and cut this out.

The Shilling paper was attached on top of the Parlor paper.

This was then attached to the layout base with a piece of craft foam between them

I filed the edge of the photos with an emery board, inked them with the black ink and matted them onto some of the cardstock I removed from the middle of my background frame.

I added craft foam to the back of the photos before attaching them to my layout

I painted 3 pennants and one speech bubble from Memory Maze Follow Your Dreams chipboard set with Terra Cotta acrylic paint.

To embellish the pennants a little I punched some tiny hearts from the teal cardstock and attached them.

The pennants were attached to the layout in the top left hand area and the speech bubble was attached to the top right hand area of the right hand photo.


The title was die cut from the teal cardstock using Kaisercraft's DD735 Uppercase Alpha dies.

The final touch was to give the tiny hearts and the title a good coat of Glossy Accents 

You might like to watch my process video


Thanks for spending part of your day here with me today

Till next time
Stay safe
Hugs
Julie

Challenge 3

Our final challenge is a 3-2-1 ... Your free to create anything you wish, but you need to have,,,

3 Pattern Papers

2 Die cuts

1 Bling

Here is Louise inspiration for this challenge:



This is a 9x12 layout. 
If you've never created 9x12 have a go at it ... it really challenges the creativity.


I've used Water colour to layer the background and then added some bling

This was great fun, can't wait to see your challenge entries.

Happy Scrapping




Due date Sunday, 23th April- Midnight. 

Upload your challenge entry to the albums on our Mystical Scrapbooks Facebook Chat Page.

Our chat is private, and we love to have new crafty friends join us.

We will be giving away 1 gift voucher valued at $20.00 and each entry receives 1 ticket into the draw.....So the more challenges you do the more chance you have to win!

We will also have a surprise prize!! Our DT members will choose their favourite layout and I will send that lucky person a surprise in the mail.

Happy Scrapping
Mystical DT team




No comments:

Post a Comment