Saturday 19 June 2021

Week 8 of Around the World in 8 Weeks

Good morning

It's the last week of the competition, Around the World in 8 Weeks 

This week we have returned home to Australia, the land of wide open spaces.

The requirement this week is to use negative space, the technique is spattering 
and the optional kit item is chipboard.

Here is my layout


I wanted to use two photos for this layout so I knew I would have to keep everything else to a minimum.

I have used Colour Blast - Bee Arty - Find Paradise and Basic Grey - Serenade patterned papers on this layout.

All of the papers have been inked with a Bark Kaisercraft ink cube. 

The frame around the layout is a 12" x 12" sheet of Bee Arty - Find Paradise - Light Forest

I used white cardstock for my background, trimmed to 11.5" x 11.5.
 I have applied Modelling Paste through TCW's Tile Texture stencil to add some interest.

I have trimmed my photos to 4.5" x 4" and 5.5" x 4" and matted them on black cardstock.

The patterned paper behind my photos is a 6.25" x 8.5" piece of Bee Arty - Find Paradise - Light Forest

This paper is attached to my layout at the top, bottom and left hand edge, 
creating a pocket to house a tag for my journalling.

The tag is a piece of Bee Arty - Find Paradise - Light Forest that I have cut to 6.75" x 4.75". 
I have added and eyelet and several strands of black crochet cotton through the eyelet.

The strips of patterned paper that run down the left side of the photos are a 0.75 x 10.5" 
piece of Basic Grey - Serenade - Parlor and the other paper is a 0.5" x 11.25" piece of 

The Basic Grey - Serenade - Parlor patterned paper has also been used as the background for my title.
 The title was created using sticker from Gold Label.

The required spatters were created using Glimmermist's Black Magic and Artiste Spritzing Ink in Gold.

The chipboard piece I chose from the optional kit is the set of suitcases. 
I have coloured them with Terra Cotta acrylic paint and then heat embossed them with clear embossing powder.
The reason I chose the suitcases is because the gift my daughter gave me was a night in one of the inner city hotels here in Adelaide and I did pack a case to do that. My husband and I spent the night at the Adelaide Fringe and then went back to our lovely hotel. It was very pleasant.
These are the details I will add to the journalling tag.


Here is my process video if you would like to watch this page come together


I hope you have enjoyed the 8 week competition and if you have managed to create a 
layout for each of the weeks you are to be congratulated. 
You will be in the running for one of the three great prizes up for grabs.
Good luck.

Till next time
Stay safe
Hugs
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment