Wednesday 31 July 2019

Stash Busting: Frames

If you're like me you probably have a pretty decent stash of scrapbooking supplies- and most likely somethings more than others. In my stash one of those things is frames. I love having frames to add a home on my page as a feature, a home for my title or some embellishment feature, or just to frame an image. But I always seem to end up with a bunch of frames that are just too small for my photos or titles or just don't work for whatever reason. I gathered a bunch together in similar colours and tones from a couple of Cocoa Vanilla lines and found a fun solution.  Apologies for the quality of the photos I was scrapping at night so the light wasn't great for photography.


Here's my initial plan with the 9 frames I started with. There's a few gaps and it's not quite balanced. Nothing is stuck down yet.


I carefully added some light pencil marks and lifted my photo off.


I trimmed off the parts of the frames that would be hidden under the photo and used those off cuts to fill the holes and add the balance I needed.
 


Here's the 'behind the scenes' shot. My adhesive of choice for sticking photos and paper down is Henzo photosplits- they are just what I started with 22 years ago and I am a creature on habit in this case... so all those little blue tabs are photosplits. Some of the frames were chipboard so I glued them with Tombo Mono multi green.

Here's the completed page- once again apolgies for the photo quality. 


  Supplies used: Paper, Frames here and here, Flowers here and here, title: Always, Family, Flair, stickers, word art Expressions, Nuvo drops.

No comments:

Post a Comment