Thursday 1 August 2019

August Challenges



This month we are embracing flowers!  Be it 'bold & bright' or 'soft & subtle' .... So let's have fun with them!

I love flowers, but having boys in my life I had to learn how to strike a nice balance,  so if you have boys too, don't' shy away from flowers,  hopefully, we can share some techniques with you during August so you can enjoy adding flowers to your pages too!

And if you have girls... let loose and have some fun!

Challenge 1 - Scraplift a favourite page.

Scrap-lifting is taking inspiration from someone else's page - There are a couple of rules when it comes to scrap-lifting.

1- ALWAYS credit the original creator
2 - Don't submit your page for publication when it's a scraplift.

I've scrap lifted a beautiful page by Nicole Doiron, I found her amazing page while browsing through the Dusty Attic's blog the other day.

You can see it here - Nicole Doiron

And here's my interpretation...


I've used Cocoa Vanilla - Boys Rule range, on black cardstock and for my flower, I've added a flair from Just Add Flair

Hope you have fun with this challenge.

Challenge 2 - Use flowers in an unexpected way.
Ideas: Use petals as balloons, use flowers for a title, deconstruct the flowers, make flowers from an unexpected material, doodle some out of this world flowers... the sky is the limit. 


I've opted to use flowers on my very masculine page with diggers and a construction site. I have teamed up Green Tara Apple Blossom flowers and black maple leaves with Memory Maze Fancy Cogs inked in Copper. I've used paper and stickers from the Kaisercraft Time Machine line. My title is thickers Glitter Phrases Sparkle. I've finished my page with Kaisercraft Resin Blossoms, wooden flourish love heart,  black Jewels and Aquatic Mist nuvo glitter drops.



Challenge Rules

· Please upload your entries to our Inlinkz link up, or to the album in our Private Facebook Chat Group by 11.55pm 31st August 2019 to be eligible for the prize.

The prize is by random draw.
· International entries are welcome, however, due to international postage cost, a Creative Design Spot will be offered along with a little surprise in the post.

Australia residents, this month’s prize is a Cocoa Vanilla Accessory Stickers pack 

Have fun and please share with your scrappy friends!

Mystical Team

No comments:

Post a Comment