Monday 29 June 2020

Oxides and Wink of Stella

On a recent layout I used the Distress Oxide Inks and the Wink of Stella pens to colour the chipboard that I was using for the page.


When I do this I like to test the colours on the waste chipboard from around the design...


Above I have both Evergreen Bough and Mowed Lawn inks and I have brushed over them with the Clear, and Green Wink of Stella Pens to see which I thought would work best On the final piece I combined Mowed Lawn ink with Green Wink of Stella.


For my love title, I was tossing up between Red and brown. You can see above I tried Candied apple Distress Oxide (DO) on the left and Distress Ink (DI) on the right. And below Espresso Distress Oxide (DO) and Distress Ink (DI) below...


I also tried them with the silver and clear Wink of Stella pens. You can see they add a very subtle sparkle to the piece while allowing you to still mostly see the underlying colour- the clear more so than the silver.


In the end, I went with the Expresso Distress Oxide- it felt kind of creamy and dreamy and I added the clear Wink of Stella over the top to add just a little sparkle.



No comments:

Post a Comment