Monday 15 June 2020

Scrunching Paper

This week's challenge calls for you to crumple some paper. Here's how I attacked this challenge. The paper I wanted to use was quite a heavyweight Cocoa Vanilla paper and it was black and white which I knew wouldn't show the creases very well.

I found a similar sheet in my scrap bag and experimented with my Kaisermists to see which was going to work best with my page. I placed each square in a cardboard box in turn and gave them a spray with Grey, Pink, Shiraz, and Coffee. I used quite a liberal amount of spray because I wanted my paper to be quite damp to make it easy to scrunch. Then immediately I literally screwed it up into a ball. If you don't like inky hands you'll want to wear gloves for that stage. Unscrunch, lay flat as possible, and leave to dry. Or dry with a heat gun for faster results. Here are my results...

 I chose the pink as the best pick for my page and repeated the process with the 12x12 sheet of paper- CV Unforgettable Pretty Bits. The scrunching process will make your sheet smaller than it starts out so I recommend you don't trim it to fit until after it has dried.


No comments:

Post a Comment