Thursday 25 June 2020

Tip of the Week


I keep this little note above my scrapbook table. Sometimes I use it before I start a page and sometimes I will use it if I am stuck or my page isn't working. (And yes I did spell Repetition wrong!).

  • Is the Emphasis in the right place? 
  • Does the page have too much or too little contrast?
  • Is the page balanced?
  • Have I aligned things well- or are askew objects upsetting the design?
  • Can I use more repetition to aid the design? Or maybe I need to take things off? Did I use uneven numbers (they work better)? 
  • Where is the flow of my page? Are there any blocks? Are my lines leading to my page parts or into nothing?
  • What part of the story do I want to focus on? Is the focus on the right thing?
  • What colours will work best? Is the colour too much or too little? 
  • Could I use a motif on this page to help tell the story? Like arrows on a travel page or hearts on a page about loving relationships.


No comments:

Post a Comment