Saturday 12 June 2021

My take on week 7 of the Around The World in 8 Weeks competition

 Good morning.

Today I am sharing with you the layout I have created for week 7 of the Around the World in 8 Weeks Competition at Mystical Scrapbooks. 

This week we are in China and the inspiration for the week is food, the technique is embossing and the optional kit item is bling.

My layout uses a photo taken at a family picnic at the beach many years ago, in fact it was January 1961.

I am in the photo (extreme left) and I would have just turned 8.

I have used a sandy coloured cardstock frame for the base of the layout and a piece of 11.5" x 11.5" white cardstock as the background

I have used the half flower from Dylusion's Sunshine Girl stamp set and stamped with Gold pigment ink three time on the right hand side of the white cardstock

This was then heat embossed using Clear Embossing Powder.


I tore, Cocoa Vanilla's Daydream Stepping Stones paper, to about 5.5" - 6" wide and trimmed it to 11.5" long. Once I had inked the edges with my Versa Color Black ink cube I attached it to the left hand edge of the white cardstock background.

I matted the photo with a 1/8" black matt and then a 1/4" matt of glitter cardstock from Doodlebug. 

The photo was then mounted on some chipboard scraps and attached to the page.

I fussy cut some of the flowers from Cocoa Vanilla's Daydream Garden Variety paper and inked the edges.

There was a piece of chipboard in the optional kit that was in the shape of railway tracks. I cut these up so they were various shapes and attached them around the edge of the photo. The flowers were then added around the photo. A gemstone, from the optional kit, was added to the centre of each of the flowers.


I also added an assortment of stickers from the Cocoa Vanilla Daydream Sticker sheet.


I cut the title on my Scan N Cut from the cardstock I cut from the centre of the base frame. 
The font is Hobo Std.
The title was attached at the top of the layout and given a coat of glimmer using Uniquely Creative's Glimmer pen.

Here is the process video



Until next time

Hugs
Julie
 


No comments:

Post a Comment