Monday 18 May 2020

Oxides, brushes, and Stencils

 

I have this page to share with you coming up soon on the blog- but I was just too excited about a number of new products not to share them now.



I know that Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Inks have been around for a long time- and as I already have the full set of his distress inks I was hesitating on adding these to my stash as well. But after Donna got them in I thought I would try- just a few. :-) I absolutely love them. The distress inks are a dye ink which means they have a bunch of properties that are quite handy... I'm not really an ink junkie (yet) so you'll have to google that. The Oxide Inks are a pigment ink- which means they have a bunch of different properties most of which I don't yet understand- I will be googling that! What I did love though is what I'd describe as the creamy opaque colour of them- it feels like you are getting exactly what you are expecting. I also think they blend really well together and look lush! I will certainly be adding a lot more of them to my cart over the coming months.

If you have them here's a handy Oxide colour chart to use.
Here's one for the Distress Inks.



I applied the inks with these blending brushes- they are out of stock at the moment but I encourage you to grab some as soon as we have them back in. They make applying the ink an absolute dream- much easier to use that the foam pad type applicators and you can wash them clean in an instant on a stamp cleaner pad, baby wipe, or damp face washer. Originally intended for ake up they are super fine and soft. I will admit I may have a bit of an obsession with rubbing my fingers over them.


Finally, Donna recently added this new range of Uniquely Creative Stencil/Masks into the store. They are super affordable at less than six dollars. There's a variety of styles in stock and they seem to be nice and sturdy so easy to use. This Triangle Fade one is my favourite but I am looking forward to grabbing most (all) of the others.




No comments:

Post a Comment