Monday 17 August 2020

Julie's August Blog Post

 Good morning

Today I am sharing with you a shaker flower embellishment that I have made.

This is not one of my better makes but I got there in the end.

I am definitely going to try this again with some different shapes, there are endless possibilities. You can use dies for this as well. I suggest you choose a symmetric shape to make your job a lot easier. I was thinking Christmas baubles, hearts, stars etc.

You can watch the video here and see all of the things I learned during the creation of these flowers.


I cut four of the flowers using my Scan N Cut and a solid flower to use for the back of my shaker. The four layers provide the depth for the mini prills to fit into and move around. The dividing walls were way too thin to try and use foam tape.

BIG TIP:- Use double sided sticker sheets on the back of your cardstock before you cut your item out.

I did not use the sticky sheet on the back of my cardstock and the glue made a huge mess. I could have been a little more careful and chosen a symmetric shape and the glue would have been fine, but I ended up getting glue all over my acetate and even though it dries clear I did not like the look of it when it tried and I had to start all over again. Even on the second attempt I did not think to use the sticker sheet.

I have used Hot Pink Mini Prills in my shaker.

I am definitely not that happy with these flowers and may not use them but it was definitely a learning experience and I had a bit of fun with it.

Anyway check out the video and try it out. If you come up with a cleaner way of doing it I would love it if you would share your process with me.

Happy scrapping
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment