Saturday 1 August 2020

August Challenges


Welcome to our August challenges.. this month we are all about textiles!  I love adding textiles to a page, whether it's material bits, ribbon, jute or cotton threads they all add interest and depth to your work.

Challenge 1

Louise here to share my inspiration for August "Cool Dude"


So my challenge to you is to use two colours and any form of textile.
My textile element is the Black burlap ribbon


I've used the following products:

Just for fun, I've also created a process video which I hope you enjoy:



Have Fun and happy scrapping.


Challenge 2 

Hi Julie here with my challenge for August. 

My challenge for you is to use a handmade textile embellishment on your layout. It can be any embellishment so long as it is hand made and made from textiles, ie flowers, banners, stars, hearts etc made from fabric, wool, lace, felt etc

Last month I shared a video showing how to make two styles of fabric flowers, you might find that helpful in the creation of your embellishment.

I have used three of the flowers I made in that video on this layout. 

The flower cluster also includes some paper flowers in a pale green

I have used modelling paste through a stencil and then applied Mustard Seed Distress Ink through a different stencil to the white cardstock base.

An assortment of stamps were also added to the background using Broken China Distress Ink and StazOn Jet Black Ink.

You can see the video showing how this layout came together here.

You can see the flower making video here.

I have used Effie & Vonnie papers from the Love & Grace paper collection by Colourblast.
I also added some burlap ribbon  and some white tassel ribbon to the right hand edge of my photo.

I hope you have fun making your embellishments.
Can't wait to see what you make
Julie

Challenge Rules
Please upload your entries to the album in our Private Facebook Chat Group by 11.55pm,  31st August 2020 to be eligible for the prize.

Facebook Albums - Here
Chat Page - Here

The prize is by random draw.  This month prize is a set of 3 Quarter Designs Cut out transparency and tags.

· International entries are welcome, however, due to international postage cost, a Creative Design Spot will be offered along with a little surprise in the post.

No comments:

Post a Comment