Monday 12 August 2019

Layout Design: Triangle

There are a lot of great foundations for page design that we can build on to make well-designed pages that please the eye. A triangle foundation is probably one of the least used, but it's one that I really enjoy using for the attention it places on the photo, the way you can direct the flow and the lovely chunk of restful white space.


You'll see that practically all of the elements on my page sit in a triangle shape that is anchored to the bottom left of the page. As readers of English, our eyes naturally start in the top left corner of the page where I have used elements to draw the eye down the page right to my photo. Then the scalloped piece leads the eyes across the page where we find the title and journaling. Using the triangle naturally creates a big hunk of restful whitespace on the top corner which means I am free to go a little crazy with stickers, mist and other bits and pieces and the viewer won't be overwhelmed by my page. Though I think I might have overdone those splatters. :-)
This design doesn't need to be a perfect triangle in any sense- just give the idea of one. There are a whole lot of options for where you can place the triangle on your page. How about having a go with the triangle design sometime soon?





No comments:

Post a Comment